We do sincerely thank you for your interest. Though this position is no longer available, we do wish to keep this job description posted as a searchable archive. Future job postings will be made to this blog, so please consider subscribing to our blog.
The International Institute of New England is a dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization. We seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Note: All positions require great flexibility and willingness to travel throughoutNew England. All positions also require a valid driver’s license.
Available Position: Portuguese Interpreter (Lowell)
Independent Contractor – Non-staff Position
The Portuguese interpreter will be responsible for:
- Providing bilingual in-person interpretation services in healthcare and other clinical settings with recently arrived refugees
- Maintaining the tone, register, and transparency of what is spoken between two or more parties in the interpreter assignment
- Maintaining a professional demeanor at all time
- Maintaining the strictest confidentiality
- Adhering to an interpreter assessment of language and interpreter ability
- Adhering to a code of conduct outlined in an independent contract
- Attending professional interpreter training
Education and Experience:
- At least one year or more of professional interpretation experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Interpreter skills training and understanding of the Interpreters Standards of Practice from the National Council of Interpreters in Healthcare and the International Medical Interpreters Association strongly preferred
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Photo used under Creative Commons License, courtesy McKay Savage.